Sunday, February 14, 2021

When The Twentieth Century ended and The Twenty-First Century Started

On 'my' Facebook page I finally wrote that I 'Hate the *king Tories'.

That posting was impelled from me by watching clips of the brilliant film, 'Brassed Off'.

That film relates the consequential time after the implementation of The Ridley Plan ( as in the 1978 Ridley Report), in which the Tories plotted  to attack the people of this Country.

Which they did, once elected, the following year, from May 1979 onwards, led by Margaret Hilda Thatcher.

It was the first time, I think, *ever* that a County's Government declared war on its entire population.

I therefore consider it to be one of the most important events of the (formal) Twentieth Century.

And, which, operationally, ended The Twentieth Century.

(Which I consider started in about 1890 with the Strikes in London's East End (Dockers, Beckton Gas Works, Silvers' factory at Silvertown and Bryant and May's Match factory.)

That May 1978 Tory Government (strictly a Liberal Government) started off, in my view, the Twenty-first Century and, thus, ended the Twentieth Century.

We, therefore, are in the middle of the Twenty-first Century: a Century of Draconian Tyranny after that initial Counter Revolution against the Social Democratic (Managed Capitalist, Mixed Economy) 'Welfare'-not State.

How long we allow this Tyranny to continue is moot.

No comments: